How to Choose the Right Medical Intuition Practitioner for You
by Lori Wilson
Each of us will have specific needs while shopping for a medical intuition practitioner. Each practitioner will have a unique way in which they do their work. There are many differences and specializations within these styles. Just as you might say to yourself, “I'm hungry!” and then set about finding the best restaurant that would suit your tastes, dietary needs and budget, so will you have to appreciate the varied styles and selections while shopping for medical intuition support.
You may find the following checklist of questions helpful as you interview potential medical intuition practitioners. You may also want to make a few notes about your health and physical symptoms prior to engaging others services. While shopping for a medical intuition practitioner take time to determine how what they offer matches up with your needs as a client or referring health colleague.
Here are Some Important Questions to Ask:
- Please outline a typical appointment for me.
- How long have you been providing this service to clients?
- Where are you getting your intuitive information from? What is your source of wisdom? (i.e., use the 5 styles as a basic frame of reference for discussion: psychic reading style, information channeled by guide(s), healer's hits, preconceived maps, more of an attending style, or other style altogether?)
- How are you tuning into my body/energy field to get the relevant information?
- Are you trained in any other healing modalities? If so, which ones?
- If trained in other healing modalities, do you offer your medical intuition session as a separate service or is it in combination with the other healing modalities?
- Do you do your work in person or long distance over the telephone?
- Do you do the scan or reading prior to our meeting, or will you be doing it “live” during our appointment?
- How will I receive the feedback from your scan or reading? Will it be written? Will it come in an Audio file? Will I be required to write my own notes?
- Do you use a consent form? If so, how do I fill it out prior to our work?
- Do you prefer that I give you any health details prior to the appointment or do you prefer to know nothing? Do you need my full name, age, or any other demographic details?
- May I bring another person (friend or other healing team member) to the appointment or to join in on the telephone call when I am receiving the feedback? If not, why not?
- Have you been formally trained for this or have you developed your skills on your own?
- Are you certified? If so, with whom/or what course of study? How long have they been in operation? What were the requirements that made up your certification process? Do they have a website so I may read more about your training?
- Do you have a website, brochure, client testimonials?
- How long have you been doing medical intuition?
- Will there be time in the appointment for me to ask questions to either clarify the information shared or ask questions about things that did not come up in the scan or reading?
- Do you diagnose? If so, what is the process? If not, why not?
- Do you offer healing recommendations? If so, from where are these recommendations coming: my body, a guide, your own expertise or training?
- How long does it take to get an appointment?
- Does this service happen in one appointment or over several appointments?
- What is your fee? What method(s) of payment do you accept?
- Will there be any follow up? If so, what is the process?
- Do you make referrals?
Do you work with other health professionals? If so, how do you network with them regarding shared clients?
as excerpted from ... de-mystifying ... MEDICAL INTUITION
by Lori Wilson Copyright © 2006
ISBN 0-9681481-1-5 .
The Article is in the Course Description