How to Choose the Right Medical Intuition Practitioner for You
by Lori Wilson
Each of us will have specific needs while shopping for a medical intuition practitioner. Each practitioner will have a unique way in which they do their work. There are many differences and specializations within these styles. Just as you might say to yourself, “I'm hungry!” and then set about finding the best restaurant that would suit your tastes, dietary needs and budget, so will you have to appreciate the varied styles and selections while shopping for medical intuition support.
Shopping for a Medical Intuition Practitioner Checklist
You may find the following checklist of questions helpful as you interview potential medical intuition practitioners. You may also want to make a few notes about your health and physical symptoms prior to engaging others services. While shopping for a medical intuition practitioner take time to determine how what they offer matches up with your needs as a client or referring health colleague.
Here are Some Questions to Ask:
- Please outline a typical appointment for me.
- How long have you been providing this service to clients?
- Where are you getting your intuitive information from? What is your source of wisdom? (i.e., use the 5 styles as a basic frame of reference for discussion: psychic reading style, information channeled by guide(s), healer's hits, preconceived maps, more of an attending style, or other style altogether?)
- How are you tuning into my body/energy field to get the relevant information?
- Are you trained in any other healing modalities? If so, which ones?
- If trained in other healing modalities, do you offer your medical intuition session as a separate service or is it in combination with the other healing modalities?
- Do you do your work in person or long distance over the telephone?
- Do you do the scan or reading prior to our meeting, or will you be doing it “live” during our appointment?
- How will I receive the feedback from your scan or reading? Will it be written? Will it come in an Audio file? Will I be required to write my own notes?
- Do you use a consent form? If so, how do I fill it out prior to our work?
- Do you prefer that I give you any health details prior to the appointment or do you prefer to know nothing? Do you need my full name, age, or any other demographic details?
- May I bring another person (friend or other healing team member) to the appointment or to join in on the telephone call when I am receiving the feedback? If not, why not?
- Have you been formally trained for this or have you developed your skills on your own?
- Are you certified? If so, with whom/or what course of study? How long have they been in operation? What were the requirements that made up your certification process? Do they have a website so I may read more about your training?
- Do you have a website, brochure, client testimonials?
- How long have you been doing medical intuition?
- Will there be time in the appointment for me to ask questions to either clarify the information shared or ask questions about things that did not come up in the scan or reading?
- Do you diagnose? If so, what is the process? If not, why not?
- Do you offer healing recommendations? If so, from where are these recommendations coming: my body, a guide, your own expertise or training?
- How long does it take to get an appointment?
- Does this service happen in one appointment or over several appointments?
- What is your fee? What method(s) of payment do you accept?
- Will there be any follow up? If so, what is the process?
- Do you make referrals?
- Do you work with other health professionals? If so, how do you network with them regarding shared clients?
as excerpted from ...
de-mystifying ... MEDICAL INTUITION
by Lori Wilson Copyright © 2006
Lori Wilson M.S.W.
Lori Wilson B.A., M.S.W., is a social worker, author, radio show host, trainer and founder of Inner Access 101 and AcccessMarketPlace. Lori has been providing channeling, regression, medical intuition, business intuition and traditional counseling in a successful private practice since 1983. Her background in community development provide the tools and framework for the unique business model for all three divisions of her companies. Lori holds her B.A. Specialized Honours Degree in Psychology and Family Studies from the University of Guelph and a Master of Social Work Degree from Sir Wilfrid Laurier University.
A key influence in shaping the foundation skills and values of Lori’s specialization in intuition is Grandmother, the ancient Shoshone spirit guide that Lori has been consciously channeling since 1989. Grandmother came gently into her awareness through journal writing and has since been a key inspiration to hundreds of thousands through her monthly website focus, books, radio shows and teachings for individuals and larger audiences. You will find endless opportunities to learn from this wise teacher throughout the classes and personal appointments with Lori & Grandmother.
Much of the material taught in the foundation training, Access Intuition 101 is based on Lori's years of blending firsthand, client-driven social work experience with a solid apprenticeship with Grandmother and the spirit world. The training in Medical Intuition, Business Intuition and Artist Intuition has grown from the stellar intuition, tracking and sourcing skills that are the signature foundation in all of Lori's work.
Lori currently has 6 active Trainers who teach her classes through Inner Access 101. This Education & Resource Network, run with her husband Stewart Hope, brings the exciting tools of intuition-based training to an ever expanding market. A visionary and self-professed “mother bear”, Lori's passion to spread inner trust is evident in all she does. Her mission has always been to encourage as many people as possible to "trust themselves first."